Conway Freight - No quote

I shipped a car hood and was not giving a quote but they picked up the shipment anyway, to my surprise!..I got a phone call from them telling me the shipment is due to arrive in 2 days after it has already been shipped and I owe a payment of $495 just for a 5ft x 5ft box that was 50 pounds...I should of shipped it with Greyhound would of been a lot cheaper...will never use this company again.Lack of information really hurt! pockets and I didn't even sell it for that much..

what a loss thanks ***-Way.

Shipped from Texas to California.Greyhound next time so if you ship something GO-Greyhound.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

• What I liked
    • That they picked up on time
    • Drivers

Product or service
Conway Freight Shipping
Review category
review #723898 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Conway Freight? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 30, 2015 #1056127

When shopping with a freight carrier you need to do your homework. Ask for a quote, explain exactly what is being shipped, the size & weight. Whether it's a home delivery, inside delivery, requires a "call before" or liftgate at time of delivery. That will determine the total cost based on the nmfc (national motor frt classification).

Oct 31, 2015 #1056716 Abilene, Texas

Well as being a truck driver such as myself I did do research and it should of been explained to me what the quote was when I told them what I was shipping....the size and weight, but to my surprise that didn't happen instead they came and picked it up anyway and when it was almost due to arrive they then called me about a price..just to let you no!

Oct 31, 2015 #1056717 Abilene, Texas

at the company I drive for before anything get moved they make sure the customer know what the cost will be....paperwork is said done and signed so there will be no mistakes in what was said and what needs to be done.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.